1. Individual Member: Any person who is an employee or a policy board member of a transportation agency (Federal, State/Territorial or Local); or an employee of a business engaged in the transportation industry or the supply of transportation goods and services; or an elected official who supports the goals and objectives outlined in these Bylaws. An Individual Member must be current in his or her dues to hold an active member status.
2. Organization Member: Any transit authority, agency, institution, vendor or corporation who supports the goals and objectives outlined in the COMTO Austin Bylaws. The terms of organizational membership and the extent of organizational membership privileges shall be determined by the Executive Board of COMTO Austin. An Organizational Member must be current in his or her dues to hold an active member status.
3. Emeritus Member: Any formal Individual or Organizational Member who distinguishes himself, herself or itself in the area of transportation and maintains an active role or interest in COMTO. The Membership Chair with the approval of the Executive Board shall establish standards and criteria for determining Emeritus membership.
4. Student Member: Any person who is currently a full-time high school, undergraduate or graduate student with a major or minor program of study in a transportation, planning or related field.
5. Associate Member: Any person or organization that subscribes to and supports the mission of COMTO. The terms and conditions of Associate Membership shall be determined by the Membership Chair with the approval of the Executive Board.
6. The Executive Board may add additional membership categories, as it deems desirable or necessary, and may do so at its sole discretion.
The Board of Directors of the national organization may develop policy governing:
(a) eligibility requirements for initial membership,
(b) applications for membership,
(c) activities related to the processing of membership applications, and
(d) eligibility requirements for renewal of membership.
The National Board of Directors shall have final authority to determine the qualifications and eligibility of any applicant for membership and approve or not approve any application for membership.
If you are interested in becoming a member please contact us.